Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Favorite Reds

Oh red...my mistress. I always love a good red. I don't care how non-original red is for a nail polish color, it will never not be a go-to for me. So here is my (slightly excessive) list of favorite reds. Prepare for some super spam!

OPI Smitten with Mittens. A deep red glittery polish. Yet another gift from my pal Mox. She is awesome!



Julie G Hot Cinnamon (with topcoat): Once again, another texture polish that wows with topcoat. I think this polish is just magical...and even more so in person.


Pretty Serious Vicious Vampire. This red is AMAZING. If you don't have it...get it...so you can see it in person.It's really hard to capture the depth of this polish in pictures. 


HARE Polish Dog Day Dream. This polish could win awards for "most difficult to photograph". It is so completely breathtaking in person but sometimes pictures make it look sort of suspect. 


Love Thy Polish Sunday, Bloody Sunday (similar to Drained). This is a deep, vampy red jelly base swimming with small red glitters. Simple, yet perfect. 


Zoya Blaze. Is this red? Burgundy? Purple? Ehhhhh...we'll call it red for fun. So pretty!


Sally Hansen Ruby Emerald (over black). So glowy and gorgeous. 


Chanel Pirate. My first Chanel. Might as well go for a fabulous classic red, eh?


BB Couture Santa's Sack (over Chanel Pirate). When I got this I was like, ehhh...bar glitter. But then I put it on and it knocked my socks off. So gorgeous! 


Cult Nails Annalicious. Shimmer that is do die for!



Cult Nails Evil Queen. This polish was love at first sight. It applies like a dream too. 



Butter London Knees Up. AMAZING. 


Nicole by OPI Orna-ment For Each Other (2 coats over Zoya Jade). I know a lot of people complain about the Nicole polishes (weird bottle, Kardashian endorsements, etc.) but there are some that are just phenomenal and worth picking up. I got this one on clearance last summer and boy is it stunning. 


Zoya Jade. Everyone has their favorite polish like this (red microglitter in a classic red jelly base). Most people choose China Glaze Ruby Pumps. I prefer Zoya Jade by far. It is perfect. I think it is because the red glitter is just a smidge finer than Ruby Pumps. 




Jade Vermelho Surreal. My favorite red holo, bar none. It has a different tone to it than most other red holos. It leans more orange than pink.


Lynnderella Ruby Red Ruby (over Butter London Come to Bed Red). I don't love this one as much as some people do, but it is still a stunning red glitter. 


OPI DS Indulgence (and Zoya Riva). These polishes are near dupes to me, so I will show you just the OPI since I have a better picture of it. I initially fell in love with Riva when the Zoya Sunshine collection was released. It is wonderful as a pedi too. 


Barielle Elle's Spell (over OPI Smitten with Mittens). Gah...I love this flakie so hard. The red jelly base is lovely, but it works best when layered over another red (I prefer glittery ones). 




OPI Red Hot Ayers Rock. Favorite Red Creme. 




 Contrary Polish Fire-brand. Seriously pretty shimmer action here. 


OPI La Boheme (over black). Gorgeous. It is sought after for a reason. 


OPI Royal Rajah Ruby. I think that this has taken the place of OPI Black Cherry Chutney in my heart. Perfect vampy red shimmer. 


Zoya Sooki. I still do love this red creme very much, but it isn't my very favorite anymore. It is very bright and tomatoey. 


Zoya Kimmy. I remember it was my obsession with the Zoya Sunshine collection was released. It makes for a stunning pedi! 



NYS Hot Atomic Red. I have declared this my favorite red jelly (and I do have a few). This one is perfect for jelly sandwiches because it is squishy!


Pahlish Pianos Filled with Flames. Yet another of the original Pahlishes that has stolen my heart. It is simple, but perfect. 



If you think reds are bad...the blues, greens, and purples are MUCH worse! There are SO MANY! Thanks for looking everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you have such a great collection of reds! I've never been much of a fan of red polishes, but this post is making me reconsider :). Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh red how I love red. Glorious pictures & great picks I love them all but La Boheme & Viscous Vampire are my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the lemmings, missy! ;) This is some hot spam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a lovely collection of reds! I'm the opposite, I RARELY wear reds. In my stash of almost 100, I only have 3 reds, and I'm thinking about purging 2 lol. But yes, red glitter in a jelly base is a classic! (I have a Spa Ritual mini in this kind of color). And Zoya Sooki is still my favorite red, but maybe because I don't know better? lol. Thanks for sharing this amazing collection! :)

    ReplyDelete