Saturday, January 4, 2014

Smitten Polish What Sorcery is This?

What sorcery indeed. I have been searching for ages for a saturated purple holo that has a fantastic flame, and I have finally found if folks! I was wanting something with a jelly-like formula similar to Ozotic 513 (my favorite purple holo) but that was more of a true purple (513 is a very reddish purple). I have looked high and low and have found lots of pretties along the way, but none were ever "just right". The closest I had found thus far was Dance Legend Cosmic Rainbow, but while it was super holo, it still wasn't as saturated as I wanted. Because it has a more metallic finish instead of a jelly finish, Cosmic Rainbow had that twinge of silver to it that washed it out a bit.

So...we've now come to What Sorcery is This? Smitten Polish has been putting out some amazing saturated holos this past year, and What Sorcery is This? is right on par. The vibrant purple jelly base is fine at two coats, but I preferred 3 coats to deepen the color even more. Formula was fantastic and no special base or topcoat is needed. I hated that I didn't get any sunlight pictures, but of course I chose to put on this polish on the eve of the gloomiest day of the year. *sigh* It never fails. But still...look at how gorgeous! If you love purple holos, you must have this. MUST!




Smitten Polish can be purchased from creator Noelie's Etsy shop as well as from Femme Fatale CosmeticsEdgy Polish, and Shoppe Eclecticco. Be sure to follow Smitten Polish on Facebook for updates on restocks and new collections. Thanks for looking everyone!

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I really should get some of their holos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see it in person ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wholeheartedly agree, I have a ton of purple holos and I'm pretty sure this is my favorite!!!!

    ReplyDelete