Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Contrary Polish Desert Fruit + BeYu 209

Hi everyone! I wore one of my Contrary Polish favorites again a few days ago. Desert Fruit is a red leaning purple with lots of red and bronze shimmer. It is very reminiscent of a much sought after cult favorite OPI, Peel Me a Gobi Grape. The formula is perfection, just needing 2 easy coats for coverage. I love this polish, it's so classy!



I was feeling a bit lazy after wearing Desert Fruit for a day and didn't feel like completely redoing my mani, so I added a coat of BeYu 209 on top. BeYu 209 has a sheer red jelly base with red/green/gold color shifting shimmer. The flash isn't as strong as in some polishes (like Girly Bits Shift Happens, Clarins 230, etc) but the red shimmer is truly stunning in the red base creating a really glowy and amazing polish.





Contrary Polish can be purchased direct from creator Carrie (details are on her blog) or they are available from several e-tailers including Llarowe (US), Femme Fatale Cosmetics (Australia), Mei Mei's Signatures (Singapore), Norway Nails (Norway), and Rainbow Connection (UK).

BeYu polishes are available in Germany (here is their website). As far as I know, 209 isn't being produced anymore and is relatively hard to find. I got mine in a swap last year. 

Thanks for looking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment