Friday, February 20, 2015

OPI Hawaii Collection (My Picks)

*Purchased by Me*

Hi everyone! Today I have my picks from OPI's new Hawaii Collection for Spring. I'm sure after my stamping post yesterday, you knew this post was coming! I wasn't really drawn to the shimmery shades in this collection (or the glitter...but was anyone?), but the cremes looked lovely so I picked up most of them. The other pink and purple cremes in the collection (Suzi Shops & Island Hops and Hello Hawaii Ya?) look really nice, but I felt I might have something close in my collection already so I decided to pass on them for now. As usual, I was very pleased overall with my picks because I typically love OPI's creme formula and their brushes. These weren't quite as awesome as the slam dunk that was last year's Brazil Collection (in my opinion), but they are still winners! I can definitely see myself reaching for them again and again like I do with the Brazil polishes.


OPI Aloha From Hawaii is a red-orange creme. Formula was extremely nice on this one and it is opaque in 2 easy coats. It is gorgeous and bright and really looks orange in some lights. This highly pleases me as an orange lover, but is a fair warning to those of you who don't care for it. I thought I read somewhere that this had pink in it, but there is nothing remotely pink going on here.



Do You Take Lei Away is a neutral beige/nude creme. Formula was nice on this one and it was completely opaque in 3 thin coats. I think this is one of the few nude cremes I have that doesn't have a ton of pink undertones that looks nice on me, so I'm really glad I picked it up. It's a wonderful palette cleanser or a blank canvas for nail art.



Is Mai Tai Crooked is a light orange creme. Formula was nice and creamy on this one and it was completely opaque in 3 thin coats (probably could have gotten away with 2 careful coats as well). I really love this orange because it is flattering and bright, but not too bright. I will say, if you happen to have OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-go from last year's Brazil Collection, you can probably skip this one. They aren't exact dupes, but they are pretty darn close (Man-go is maybe a titch darker than Mai Tai). If you are an orange freak like me though, you can also get them both! :)



Lost My Bikini in Molokini (purple) I ended up taking pictures of this one with my iPhone because the color was much more accurate with it (my camera pictures looked really blue). Formula was great and it was opaque in 2 easy coats. A lot of my purple cremes lean more towards the warm side of the spectrum, so I'm really glad to have this cooler purple. The color is vibrant, but it also has a slight muted nature about it.



That's Hula-rious is a light, slightly yellow-leaning mint green creme. Once again, forgive the lobster hands! I love mints, but they don't love me in photos! Formula on this one is really nice for a mint and it is opaque in 3 thin coats. I did not have any issues with streaking and such, as mints are prone to do. I was afraid to order this one because I thought it might be a dupe for the mint that was a CosmoProf exclusive (Feel the Mo-heat-oes Green) from earlier last year, but I'm happy to report it is not very close to it at all in real life. A lot of my mints are very cool, blue-leaning mints, so I'm happy to add this one to my mint creme collection.



The OPI Hawaii Collection is will be available soon wherever OPI is sold. I was able to get mine at a beauty supply a little early, but they should be popping up at your local Ulta and Sally Beauty Supply soon if they aren't already there.

What are your thoughts on the Hawaii Collection? Are there any others that I should check out? Thanks for looking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment