Saturday, July 18, 2015

HPB Presents: Starry Night Skies

*Some products in this post were provided previously for review*

Hi everyone! Today I have July's Hobby Polish Bloggers Link-Up and the theme for this month is Starry Night Skies. For my mani, I was inspired by the aurora borealis (northern lights), which is one of the most gorgeous natural phenomenons in the world. I love to look at pictures of the blankets of colors with stars peeking through...it doesn't even look real! I can't imagine how glorious it would be to see in person!

For this mani, I followed the steps for a traditional galaxy mani like I've done several times in the past. I started off with a base of Glam Polish Nani (from the Over The Rainbow flakies). Next I used a make-up sponge and sponged on random sections of white using KBShimmer Eyes White Open. Then, I came back and sponged on sections of blue (KBShimmer In Yacht Water), green (KBShimmer Shore Thing), and purple (KBShimmer Sarong Place, Sarong Time) over the white to mimic the gorgeous colors of the aurora. Next I used my dotting tool and fine nail brush to place random "stars" all around using white acrylic paint. Finally, I finished off the mani using KBShimmer Dust in the Bottle to add some holographic sparkle. I love galaxy manis so much and they are so easy to do! It's easy to use different bases and color combinations to make each one unique, and I really loved the colors of this one and how they looked similar to colors I've seen in photos of the aurora borealis. It's definitely more of a free-form sort of nail art and there is no wrong way to do it, so if you want to dip your toes into nail art, try this!




Be sure to check out what everyone else did for their Starry Night Sky manis! I was very tempted to do something Van Gogh-inspired, but I didn't know if I could pull it off. Maybe one day soon I will try that! Thanks for looking everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment