Thursday, February 25, 2016

Paint All the Nails Presents Marble

*Nothing to Disclose*

Hi everyone! Today the ladies of Paint All the Nails have a wonderful theme to work with: Marble! This theme is actually really diverse and can encompass many techniques and ideas to produce a marbled or marble-like look on the nails (we made sure to let everyone interpret the theme loosely, so we will likely see a variety of looks!). For my look today, however, I decided to use what has become the traditional marbling technique and often one of the most dreaded techniques in the nail world: the water marble.


For my look today, I used three shades from the highly regarded and sought after Pipe Dream Polish A Night in Vegas Collection. The reason this set has been so popular is because it has been deemed excellent to do nail art with, especially water marbling so I decided to see if it lived up to the hype. I started off with a base of Pretty Serious Presence and then I painted on some liquid latex barrier to around my nails. If you are worried about the mess of water marbling...GET THE LIQUID LATEX...it is such a time saver and so much less annoying to deal with than tape. Then I used Pipe Dream Polish On the List (Pink), 110 Degrees (Coral), and V.I.P. Pass (purple) to make my design in the water. The one thing I did this time to help improve my technique was I used a needle to make the design instead of a toothpick because it is much finer and makes a much more precise design. I was absolutely in love with the final look! It may still be winter, but bring on the neons! I must say that I was super impressed with how well these neons marble, so the hype was definitately warranted.




Be sure to check out what everyone else has for their marbled looks! I can't wait to see them all!


No comments:

Post a Comment