Sunday, September 18, 2016

31DC2016 - Animal Print - Beetle Wings

*Nothing to Disclose*

Hi everyone! I'm playing catch-up again so I will be posting several times today. For the Animal Print prompt in the 31 Day Challenge, I thought I had a great a super unique idea! Turns out, Emily from Nail Polish Society and I must share the same brain! Anyway, I still love the look so I did it anyway.

For this mani, I started off with a base of Dance Legend Wazowski. Then I used black acrylic paint and a thin brush to create the beetle design. I decided to jazz my beetle up a little more (like the bejeweled scarabs that you see in Egyptian tombs), I dotted on some Dance Legend Boo up the middle. I also noticed that in photos that beetle wings have some slight texture to them, so I took a dotting tool and dotted on some Enchanted Polish Mean Mr. Mustard to give a hint of subtle texture to the wings. In the end, It was harder to paint even wing designs on each nail with the black than I anticipated, but it didn't turn out too bad. This was a fun design nonetheless!



Check out what everyone else did for their animal prints! I'm always excited to see the classic prints and unusual animal prints that people come up with. Thanks for looking everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment