Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Great Lakes Lacquer A Nude Awakening Collection

Hi everyone! Today I have four gorgeous new shades from Great Lakes Lacquer to share with you. The A Nude Awakening Collection was inspired by Mariah's love of coffee and disdain for mornings (I'm totally there with you on mornings...NOT a morning person). These are all gorgeous twists on neutral shades that are both work appropriate and fun! The A Nude Awakening Collection will debut at Polish Con on the September 17th and will be up in the Great Lakes Lacquer shop on September 21st. 



Coffee Is Necessary is a chocolatey tan with gold to bronze multi chrome flake and deep gold shimmer. Formula was a breeze to work with and I used 3 thin coats for this mani (though I could have easily gotten away with 2). Mariah designed this one to look like her coffee in the morning. Now I don't like coffee...but coffee with sparkles I might be able to get behind. I just know it is a gorgeous neutral brown and the flakes and sparkle are perfection in it. 



Make Mine A Grande is a light blushing mocha with bronze shimmer, holo micro flakes, and a soft holographic affect. Formula was fantastic and I used 3 thin coats for full coverage (though, again, I think 2 would have been just fine). The slight blush lean to this polish was perfect for my pink skintone and this was a terrific neutral for me. And also...anything with those holo flakes is a winner in my book!





Don't Forget The Whip is a vanilla cream color filled with gold to bronze multi chrome and teal to violet multi chrome and pink to gold shimmer. Formula was very nice and built up easily to opacity in 3 thin coats. This is the most fascinatingly complex shade that is so gorgeous! All of the color pop beautifully against the vanilla base and the pink shimmer is to die for!





Sleeve Me is a light purple leaning gray with a strong red to bronze sheen and pink shimmer. Formula was very nice and easy to use and I used 3 thin coats for full opacity. The shimmer in this one is gorgeous and pops even more in person. My camera really struggled to capture this one accurately because it wanted to lean more grey in photos and a titch lighter than real life. I adjusted it as close to real life as I could in these photos (though the macro was more to show the shimmer, it's a bit shaded and dark). 




Great Lakes Lacquer is available from their Etsy shop. Be sure to follow them on Facebook and Instagram so you can keep up to date on release info. Thanks for looking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment